Teens are at a crucial stage in their development, so treating mental health issues early and effectively is vastly important to a teen’s continued growth and development.
Houston Behavioral Healthcare Hospital offers short-term adolescent programs in a safe and secure inpatient environment. As our integrated care team of adolescent specialists focus on stabilizing immediate concerns, adolescents are offered 24-hour monitoring along with individualized treatment programs including:
- Comprehensive assessment
- Group therapy
- Medication management
- Family involvement
A Discharge Plan is drawn up at the time of admission and revised as needed throughout the treatment program. The adolescent and his or her family will also work with specialists to devise an aftercare plan, including recommendations for further treatment and scheduling follow-up appointments as needed.
Common Disorders that May Require Hospitalization
- Recent suicide attempt
- Current suicide ideation with lethal means and/or intent
- Recent history of significant self-mutilation or self-endangering behavior
- Post-traumatic stress and/or severe anxiety
- Assaultive or aggressive behavior
- Severe depression and hopelessness
- Bipolar disorder
- Psychotic behaviors impacting daily activities
- Substance abuse in conjunction with any of the above
Please call 832-834-7710 for a no-cost assessment.