Houston Behavioral Healthcare Hospital provides 24-hour inpatient care for adolescents ages 13 through 17 whose acute symptoms require a safe and therapeutic environment. Our team of adolescent specialists recognize and understand the unique needs of adolescent patients dealing with emotional and psychological disorders.
The goal of our adolescent program is to provide stabilization of immediate concerns within a safe and structured environment. The treatment is short-term with the primary focus being on the reduction of symptoms and overall improvement of functioning.
Psychiatric or emotional disorders which may necessitate hospitalization include:
- Recent suicide attempt
- Current suicide ideation with lethal means and/or intent
- Recent history of significant self-mutilation or self-endangering behavior
- Post-traumatic stress; severe anxiety
- Assaultive or Aggressive Behavior
- Severe depression and hopelessness
- Bipolar Disorder
- Psychotic behaviors impacting daily activities
- Substance abuse in conjunction with any of the above
Treatment plans include comprehensive assessment, group therapy, medication management, and family involvement. Discharge planning is initiated at the time of admission and revised throughout the hospitalization. A written aftercare plan is developed with the participation of the adolescent and family. It includes recommendations for further treatment, and follow-up appointments are scheduled as needed.
For a no-cost assessment, please call 832-834-7710.